The Sharpes Pottery Museum, where the 2017 CIA conference will be held on October 22nd.
The Council for Independent Archaeology 2017 conference will be held at the Sharpes Pottery Museum in Swadlincote, Derbyshire on Sunday, October 22nd.
While most of the programme has already been arranged, there are still a few slots available. If you are interested in presenting or just attending, please contact Keith Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org). The fee is £20, including lunch and all refreshments.
The preliminary programme includes:
- Monks, murder and myths: An archaeological journey through Mercia from Repton to Peakirk: Dr Avril Lumley Prior
- Industrial Archaeology of Sharpes Museum and the Potteries of South Derbyshire: Philip Heath
- The Mk 2 Resistivity Meter, and future developments: Bob Randall
- Troy House, Monmouth: Dr Ann Benson, FSA
- Air Photography: John Sorrell
- Lidar in Ireland: Kevin Barton
A full reports of the 2016 conference can be found here.