Dec 14, 2008 Previous years Comments Off
A major new conference event brought to you by Current Archaeology magazine and the British Museum’s Department of Portable Antiquities and Treasure.
Archaeology 2008 will bring you all the latest news and views from the archaeological world in a two day conference at the British Museum. We’ve worked hard to confirm some of the very best and brightest speakers working in British archaeology.
Among those already confirmed, we are pleased to announce:
– on the secrets of the TimeTeam
– Excavator of Sutton Hoo and editor of ‘Antiquity’ journal
– Presenter of TV’s ‘Hidden House History’
– Cotwold Archaeology’s top Archaeologist
– BBC TV’s ‘Coast’ and Reader of archaeology at Bristol University
– Arbeia Roman Fort & Museum
Andrew Selkirk and Neil Faulkner
– Current Archaeology magazine
– on the Radiocarbon Dating revolution
The ticket includes a weekend of lectures, as well as refreshments and an evening drinks reception on Saturday night.
Click here for the latest session schedules
Mar 31, 2014 2In the first half of the 7th century, the Anglo-Saxon...
Mar 21, 2014 2Between 850,000 and 950,000 years ago a small party set out...
Feb 06, 2014 2When did the first people arrive in what is now Britain?...