The Yeovil Archaeological and Local History Society was founded in 1954 and publishes a bi-annual newsletter and an annual journal (called Chronicle). There is a programme of winter lectures and summer field visits. We also have close contacts with local university run field projects (particularly at South Cadbury) and run small projects ourselves.
In 2004 we published (with Tempus) a book written by various members called Yeovil: the hidden History and we are currently engaged in adding new data to the Somerset Historic Environment Record.
Jan 09, 2017 Comments Off on Plumpton Roman Villa Project
Dec 01, 2016 0Archaeological work beside the River Wensum in Norfolk has...