The Ipswich Archaeological Trust was formed in October 1982 to inform the people of Ipswich about, and involve them in, archaeological work being undertaken in the town and surrounding area.
The Trust’s activities depend partly on what is happening in archaeological exploration at the time but they comprise:
• lectures on archaeology in general, work in the town and elsewhere
• newsletters giving up-to-date information about sites being excavated, finds and activities
• exhibitions about the archaeology of Ipswich
• walk and talk activities covering the general history of Ipswich
• visits to excavations and sites in the town and elsewhere.
Jul 06, 2015 0The Atlas Shipwreck Survey Project, conducted by Odyssey...
Jun 18, 2015 0For anyone hoping to visit the Maryport Roman Temples...
May 15, 2015 1The recent discovery of a rare Roman tombstone by Cotswold...