The Friends are a group of like minded individuals who have an interest in the Heritage of the Perth and Kinross area and who wish to complement the outstanding work that the Perth and Kinross Heritage Trust (PKHT) have done and are doing.
PKHT have a long standing commitment to the Heritage and Archaeology of the area and part of their commitment is the involvement of the local community. This can take up a large proportion of their time in organising and managing volunteers and further informative activities.
The Friends will help PKHT to encourage and co ordinate volunteers, adding further activities and creating an interchange of like minds for all those interested in our heritage.
The website (http://www.fopkht.co.uk) is a focal point to see what current News and Events are going on in our area. What activities are available and importantly as a Member what you can participate in, whether volunteering for a dig or generally promoting PKHT.
Benefits of being a Friend of Perth and Kinross Heritage Trust:
- Support the work of Perth and Kinross Heritage Trust: conservation, archaeology, learning and engagement.
- Early reminders of calls for voluntary work.
- Find out about opportunities for volunteering/learning new skills – both in the field and in desk-based research.
- Get early access to Doors Open days and Perthshire Archaeology Month brochures (from 2012).
- Receive a newsletter on support/contribution of work done and plans/aims for the future.
- Get involved with the group and develop projects with like-minded people.
- Featured members only talks and walks.
- 20% off PKHT publications.
Family/Joint (partners living at the same address): £15
Associate / Corporate: £20