The Society, which exists to foster an interest in archaeology by encouraging members to play an active part in the discipline, was founded in 1971 as the East of Scotland Archaeological Association. In 1975, on becoming affiliated to the Council for British Archaeology, the name was changed to reflect the Society’s intention of maintaining an active involvement with fieldwork in its various forms.
The Society has a full programme of fieldwork, including a Society field activity, such as excavation, geophysical survey, site recording or fieldwalking. More details of their events, both past and present, can be found on the Society’s website.
Jul 06, 2017 0In 1653, a small Cromwellian warship was lost off the west...