The Canterbury Historical and Archaeology Society (CHAS) was established in 1920 to ‘encourage the study of history and antiquities of the City of Canterbury and surroundings and to preserve the architectural features and characteristics of the City.’ It was originally named the Canterbury Archaeology Society but this was extended in 2011 to include wider Historical aspects.
Meetings will generally be held in the Newton Lecture Theatre in Canterbury Christ Church University. They are held on Wednesdays and start at 7:30pm.
Tel: 01227 780245
Apr 07, 2015 Comments Off
Mar 24, 2015 0An eyewitness account of the procession that bore Richard...