At a public meeting on 14th January 1963, attended by nine people, the Bridgwater Field Club was launched. Its aims were to study the history and archaeology of Bridgwater and district, and to observe and record all excavations in the area. In 1964 the present name The Bridgwater and District Archaeological Society was adopted.
The Society is closely associated with the Blake Museum, which displays archaeological material excavated by the Society.
Jul 06, 2017 0In 1653, a small Cromwellian warship was lost off the west...